When isn’t it the right time for cinnamon baked goods? I say they’re worth it alllll year long, even in bikini season. Pizza Huts cinnaparts tasted lit once upon a time, but sadly since Pizza Hut makes those treats with a “buttery oil” that contains TBHQ (not the healthiest thing in the world) and their “pan dough” which includes whey, it’s not vegan and I needed an alternative.
(See bottom of page for all sources)
Today I’ll be sharing with you guys my own healthier (ish) version of cinnamon bites. This tasty and super easy to make dish is best served fresh out the oven, and is great to share with loved ones.
DOUGH – prep time: 15 minutes, bake time: 17 minutes = 30-35 minutes
ICING – prep time: 5 minutes, cook time: approx 8 minutes = 13-15 minutes
~~~ INGREDIENTS ~~~
1 cup of flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/3 cup almond or soy milk
1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
1/3 cup almond milk (or soy if you have allergies)
3/4 cup icing sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 big tbsp coconut oil
~~~ DIRECTIONS ~~~
1) In a mixing bowl, add your cup of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, tablespoon of cinnamon, and teaspoon of baking powder. Mix everything together.
2) Measure your 1/3 cup of dairy free milk and add to dry mixture.
3) Add in your teaspoon and a half of maple syrup, and stir together a bit.
4) Measure your 1/2 cup of vegan butter and slowly add to mixture while stirring.
5) Start preheating the oven to 300 °C while you roll your dough into bite size balls and place in baking pan.
6) Place dough balls in oven and bake for about 17 minutes.
7) While your dough is baking start prepping your icing mixture by adding all your ingredients (dairy free milk, vanilla, icing sugar, cinnamon, and coconut oil) in a pot.
8) Once there’s about 7 minutes left for your bites to bake, turn your burner onto medium-high heat, once you see the oil start melting turn down to medium heat and let boil until it becomes your desired thickness.
9) Take dough bites out of oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
You’ll have a good amount of icing so you have a couple options of what to with it. You can pour all of it directly onto the cinnamon bites in the baking pan and roll them around in it so they all have an even coating of icing. You can also fully or half dip the bites into the icing, place back onto the pan and let cool in fridge for 10 minutes. Or you can just do what I did and drizzle icing onto the cinnamon bites.
And there you guys have it, I hope you enjoy! ❤
~~~ SOURCES ~~~