I know I know, another muffin recipe…. but these muffins are too good to not share. Blueberry muffins, or berry muffins in general have always been a top fav, especially during the Summer season.
These are obviously going to be just as delicious all year long, but warm weather and berry treats just go together, so I figured I’d let y’all give these bad boys a try before the season’s over.
What you’ll need:
2 1/4 cups of flour
3/4 cups of packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 flax eggs (1 tbsp grounded flaxseeds + 3 tbsp’s water = 1 flax egg)
2/3 cup of almond milk
3/4 cup of coconut oil
1 tbsp of maple syrup
1 1/2 – 2 cups of blueberries
1 tbsp sugar for coating (optional)
- In a bowl place your two and a quarter cups of flour and your three-fourths of a cup of packed browned sugar. Also throw in your half teaspoon of salt and two teaspoons of baking powder and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, create your two flax eggs by adding two tablespoons of grounded flaxseeds into a bowl and careful adding in 6 tablespoons on water. Stir together well and let sit for 5 minutes until it thickens.
- Measure and add in your two thirds of a cup of almond milk and your three fourths of a cup of melted coconut oil. Also add in your flax eggs and your tablespoon of maple syrup. Mix together until smooth consistency.
- Add in your one and a half to two cups of blueberries (I went with two cups cause the more the merrier) and stir together so that the blueberries are evenly distributed throughout mixture.
- Begin preheating your oven while you scoop the mixture into your muffin tin. I recommend using muffin paper cups. I got 12 muffins out of the batch.
- If you’d like to sugar coat your muffins do so now, and then bake for 34-38 minutes, let cool and enjoy!